Sunday, January 23, 2011

CVS: Extreme savings - $16.55 for $1.32 in tax

We shopped at two CVS stores today. At the first store I redeemed a direct mail coupon that I received for being a member of the CVS ExtraCare club. The Hydro 5 razor pictured was $9.99 but free after the retailer coupon. I paid 85-cents tax and received $5 in ExtraBucks for cumulative purchases in the CVS BeautyCare club. That's a savings of . . . 150%.

I used the $5 in ExtraCare bucks on the second trip to CVS where I bought:
  • two cans of dog food (only one is shown in the picture because, hey, the dog was hungry) using a buy 1 get 1 free manufacturer coupon, making them 99-cents for both,
  • 4 bags of CVS private label version of Ghirardelli called Absolutely Divine intense dark chocolate candy, regularly $5 per bag on clearance at 75% off . . . I needed that even less than I needed the books from the Homeland excursion earlier today
  • and 2 bags of sunflower seeds regularly $1.60 per bag on sale 2 for $3 then further reduced at 75% off for a total of 75-cents for the two bags.
Long story short . . . I used the $5 ExtraCare bucks and spent a total of 48-cents on the second CVS trip. I paid $1.32 (all for taxes) for everything in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment