Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another extreme shopping trip to CVS


68% savings at CVS
Using coupons from today's Tulsa World and a few that we've clipped from earlier sources, we combined coupons with our CVS ExtraCare cards and the new CVS BeautyCare club card, and clearance items for some extreme savings. I also used my CVS recycleable bag for a credit.

Bottom line: I got everything in this photo by breaking my purchase into two transactions with these results:
  • Transaction #1 - I splurged and bought the hair color for $16.49 each using two $2 coupons and earning $10 in ExtraCare bucks (ECB) - which still skewed my total savings percentage. I also bought two candy bars which were free after the ECB. I spent $31.23 and saved $6.50 plus earned $10 in ExtraCare bucks.
  • Transaction #2 - I did better in this transaction, spending $21.51 and saving $62.38 (including $10 ECB) plus earning another $5 in ExtraCare bucks.
In total I spent $52.74 and saved $77.15 for a 68% savings - plus I have another $5 in ECB.

No comments:

Post a Comment